In this section we identify details of our recent and future conferences, meetings and events.
Annual Conference 2019, Dubai, UAE
This will take place from 14-15 March 2019 at the Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. More details will follow nearer to the time.
Annual Conference 2018, Copenhagen, Denmark
This was held from 26-28 April at the Admiral Hotel, Copenhagen. A post conference website can be seen below.
Annual Conference 2017, New York, USA
This was held from Thursday 11th to Saturday 13 May at the offices of member firm Herrick Feinstein LLP (on Park Avenue South) with accommodation at the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn on East 33rd Street. A post conference website link is below. 62 delegates attended with a variety of external speakers.
|Click the images to see reviews of recent conferences
Recent Conference Topics
These are some of the topics from our recent conferences:
From our 2018 Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark , you can request to receive information about the following subjects:
- Regulation of crypto and ICOs around the world.
- When your client is contracting with a foreign entity
- Blind Trusts
- Buying a business overseas and labour law/transfer of undertaking matters: Brazil, Germany, Italy and Mexico perspectives
2017 Conference in New York
- Understanding the China business perspective of investment into Canadian real estate
- Legal Professional Privilege: a comparison between different jurisdictions about confidentiality
- Cyber fraud prevention and scams against professional firms
2016 Conference in Barcelona
- Current trends in international arbitration
- Selection process of ICC arbitrators
- How to become an ICC arbitrator
- Trends in the legal sector
- Comparative law: admissibility of evidence before a commercial court in different jurisdictions
2015 Conference in Miami
- How to build a successful sports franchise
- Current issues affecting the Irish Lawyer
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- The evolving standards of Marijuana law in the U.S.
- What to do when your client’s data has been breached
2014 Conference in Amsterdam
- Little known, but useful international conventions in the field of civil and commercial law
- The most important tax in the EU – VAT
- An insight into the legal aspects of European healthcare
- Advising clients in ‘political crisis’ countries
2013 Conference in Chicago
- The acquisition and financing of USA real estate by foreign entities.
- The recovery of artworks looted during the Nazi era: A practitioner’s view.
- LIBOR manipulation: The liability consequences for banks.
- Current trends in International Arbitration.
- Performing business audits and forensics to better understand your client.
- The benefits of cross border chambers of commerce.
2012 Conference in Moscow
- Outline of the Russian legal system
- How social media can work for you
- Opportunities for on-line legal services, extranets, deal rooms and webinars
- St. Petersburg – a gateway to Russia for your business
2011 Conference in Sydney
- Parallel importing – navigating the perfect storm
- Know your client and anti money laundering
- Trends in corporate bankruptcy in Australia
2010 Conference in Buenos Aires
- An overview of the Argentine legal system
- Revolution and Evolution in Argentina’s capital markets – a historical perspective
- Structuring direct foreign investments in the United States
- Investment opportunities in the Brazilian market: legal aspects and cultural peculiarities
2008 Conference in Bucharest
- A legal and practical approach to real estate investments in Romania
- Romanian law on the management system of joint stock companies
- Comparative analysis on intellectual property rights and unfair competition law in the international context
- Madeira International Business Centre - tax planning
- An overview of the Business Company, Mutual Funds and Trusts in the BVI